

Well I've done it... I caught up on the 1,000 hours of recorded DVR shows that I have taped over the last two weeks. I wasn't feeling completely up to par this weekend so I zoned out on the couch and became the biggest potato ever! I enjoy watching the new fall season of TV shows. It seems like there are tons of them this year. I thought I would share my opinions on the few that I saw this weekend.
First on the block~
House (Fox TV): The season premiere was good. It took place in an asylum. I won't go into too much detail but suffice it to say- it was good to see the lead character actually feel emotions.
It promises to be a good year for the story lines.
Supernatural (CW): Dang good show. My family is totally addicted to it. However, I have noticed quite a bit of curse words thrown around in the last few seasons. It seems to progress from year to year. If you can get over the language, the story line is about Angels and Demons and their connections to the main characters. The story line is intriguing. The visual imagery is stunning. The actors are definite eye candy. I recommend this show to anyone who enjoys a good scare.
New Shows:
Cougar Town: This is the new Courtney Cox show where she is newly divorced and looking for love in all of the young boys that she finds along the way. Age is a definite issue with this character. The show was racy and quite vulgar at times. Honestly, I should have turned it off about 3 different times, however, it was so funny that I actually stay tuned for the entire 30 mintues. I am not sure I will plug in again. It was offensive. But it was also a laugh out loud remedy to my run down blues.
Eastwick: This is the same story as the movie with Cher and Michele Pfeiffer and Jack Nicholson. I never saw the original movie. I had no desire. The only reason why I placed it on my DVR to record was that I wanted to see how Rebecca Romijn looked after having twins.
(Evil, I know...but I am anything if not honest!). It was predictable. The story didn't really evolve. It was basically an introduction to the characters. I will not be placing this one on my DVR.
The Good Wife: I was pleasantly surprised about this show. It was good. The character was believable and you actually felt sorry for her. You also want her to succeed despite the curve balls life is throwing at her. I will watch this show every week. I recommend for you to look into it and see what you think.
Ok...that's all I have watched thus far. I still have the shows 'Forgotten' and 'Flash Forward' to watch. I'll fill you in on them at a later time.
Don't you just love these reviews?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:
Wow Chris... I haven't even heard of most of those shows. Does that tell ya how much I watch TV? :) Thanks for the info. I will try to catch them (the ones you liked anyways)if I happen to be home with an available TV on the nights they come on. I'm usually stuck watching Barbie on DVD! UGH!
Post a Comment