Many people save money each month and place it in a Christmas fund, but not my family. We go one step further. We have an official Halloween fund. My friends think we are completely crazy. Maybe we are. It's just that my boys get a huge kick out of Halloween and look forward to the Haunted House they build every year for the local families. It was so big last year that people couldn't believe they didn't charge admission. In fact, we had a minimum of 250 people. People drove into the neighborhood just for the scare! My guys just love the thrill of scaring kids and adults until they pee in their pants. It's nothing for them to chase people down the street. It's true. I have pictures to prove it. This year, the boys have already drawn a blueprint of their official haunted house.. It will be a crime scene. Complete with furniture (from Craig's list) and corpse lying all over the 'room'. It's quite detailed and they have spent hours on this already and it's only the middle of September! They have also been busy shopping for new gear. Not that they don't already have rubbermaid totes full. In fact, it's getting to the point we need a storage facility to hold it all. I am a good little wife. I say nothing. I just smile and nod when it's appropriate. In my mind I think of Christmas and all of the 14 large rubber made totes full of my Christmas paraphenalia. I admit, it's worse than the boys and their scary stuff. It's ok. Its a trade off. "Whatever makes you happy~makes me happy, grasshopper!"
1 comment:
I'm glad you let the guys do their Halloween scaring. We have a neighbor that has a really good haunted house every year. I always think of you guys. I wish my kids were able to go and "play" with your boys. They would love it!
Post a Comment