



Tony and Zach have been searching for a mannequin for years. They even placed an add on Craig's List! Finally fed up...they resorted to the world wide web for help. They found this suggestion to make your own. It simply consists of wrapping packaging tape around your body part several times. You start the layers by placing the sticky side out and wrapping
(mummy like) around the area. Then once that part is done, go back over the sticky side of the tape with more tape- only this time the sticky side should be down. With the multiple layers it forms a hard shape. Once the wrapping is complete, cut a seam down one side. After you have several parts together, they can be tapped together! Voila! Instant Mannequin.
My wonderful, ingenious husband went a step further and placed pc piping inside the body.
My wonderful, ingenious husband went a step further and placed pc piping inside the body.
This way it should last for a few years. He is also considering adding foam stuff inside the various body parts like the legs. It will firm up even more. We had no idea how real the body looked until this morning. Zach, ever the practical joker, placed the mannequin in the office looking out the window. He placed the mask and shirt over the head and torso. I was amazed at how real this looked. Creepy. My Bailey girl freaked out. Is that a good way to put it? Or should I say...she lost her ever loving mind!!!! I can't even get her to go into the office. I figure my boys will be making several more of these wonderful little creatures before the Halloween season is over. (Oh, joy!!!)
2 comments:
That is really cool. I'm quite impressed. :) I can't wait to show the boys!
Now that is COOL. Those two make a great team. That is really cool and resourceful. Keep the pictures coming. VERY COOL!!!
Post a Comment