
We have always taken great pride in our front yard. It's not a large space..but we attempt to make the most out of what we have. From the looks of it now...we have some work to do. Florida experienced a cold front for two weeks straight with the temps reaching the high of 35 degrees on a couple of days. This is what is left of that front....

This tree had large bannanna leaves that would completely shade the light into my kitchen window. It was relaxing to watch and to hear the rustle of the leaves rub against each other from the ocean breeze. I am not certain it is salvageable.

This is what is left of the plant grouping located under our flag. It looked idyllic at one time...I might be able to save the bush but the other plant is toast!

I think I will have to rip up all of the plants and purchase new ones. It's a shame these didn't survive. They were purchased as 88 cent starters 3 years ago. They were almost fully grown and encompassed the entire base of the tree. So sad.....

Looks like its time for new plantings for the entrance way.

I'll even have to replace the planter for my welcome basket. Oh well....out with the old, in with the new!
Hope you are enjoying your winter season...mine has past and I now have the air on!!!!
Ugh...
2 comments:
I wonder if you can just cut some of the plants back and see if they survive. I hate to see you rip everything out. Are you wanting to replace the planter itself in the front? Couldn't you just spray paint it? It would looks good as new. You might could even get your friend to use her cricut machine and use vinyl letting and put your house numbers on there. Just an idea. I love you! ~Dana
Chris, I hate to admit this, but your dead plants look a LOT like my living ones (well, what I deem living anyways). :) I agree with Dana. Cut them back. You don't know if the roots have survived or not. I've had some plants that I just knew were dead and they came back just to play with my head. haha
Post a Comment