Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is it true?

The first man I remember having a crush on....Mr. Eddie Rabbit. I still picture him in his shiny, silky shirt hanging open with his gold chains covering his exceptionally hairy chest. Whooo baby....I can't help but smile.


Then there was Barry Gibb. He was super sexy to me. Talk about a gorgeous hairy chest. He never failed to satisfy my pre-pubescent lust. Hee Hee!!!!
Can I just tell you how much I adored Andy Gibb? I played his albums over and over. I think my family grew sick of his music!


Then there was good ol' Magnum. Wow!!!! Talk about handsome. That sweet, devil-may-care smile....gorgeous. I would watch that show just to oogle the man. He carried me through my Jr. High School years.

Then there was Kerry Von Erich. I went through a wrestling period where I lived for the stuff. This was the guy that turned me on to the 'sport'. It soon became addicting. I loved it. He was the 'bomb'.

Fabio...Fabio...where art thou Fabio???!?!???! Man...they don't come any prettier than he did.

I loved (adored & worshipped would be a more apt description) his jaw and 'butt chin'. Plus his long flowing hair just sent me over the edge. Yes....he was in all of my dreams for years and years....

Then came Mr. Patrick Swazye. He was the epitome of sexy. Dirty Dancing. Need I say more?!?!?


Rob Lowe was THE THING during the 80's. You have to admit he was cute. But it was St. Elmo's Fire that I really caught on to the crush. He wore his hair long and had an incredible scruff. I loved the 80's and the men with the scruff. I still go nuts for the look!!!!

Rick Springfield. I saw him in concert. I lost my voice from screaming. He was so cute. In the movie "Hard to Hold" he showed his tushy. It was the first time I had ever seen a naked guys butt. I was in heaven. Ooh la la!!! :)
Then started my horrible crushes on the 'bad boys' of the hair bands. I LOVED bad boys and these guys were at the top of the field. I think I have always had a thing for musicians. Just look at how hot they were back in their day....Yum!
David Lee Roth was a man who appreciated women...your imagination just ran away when you watched him on MTV.




This was a group I fell for in college. I knew the words to every song. I thought the lead singer, David Coverdale was awesome for an older guy. I loved his square jaw. Now that I think of it, I must really go for the solid, square jaws. Is there a disorder in the psyche world concerning the fascination for mens' jaws?!?!? Do I have a problem?



Good ol' Kip. Yep...Kip Winger was hot. Just look at that chest. I must also have a thing for hairy chests, too. I like them...yes, I do....I like them- how about you?!?!?


Now that I am older and considered a respectable member of society...my tastes have...what's the word....matured??? Yeah, right!!! Hercules Kevin Sorbo melted my bones...( And I never watched a single show! I just longed for his pics in the mags)

Hugh Jackman. Oh. My. Gosh. He has all of the right male DNA of a GOD on Mount Olympus!!!!
Now that I am into the TV show 'Supernatural' I have developed a semi-neurotic crush on ol' Sam ( name on the show). I am probably his mothers age for goodness sake. Ok...I can't be THAT old...but I am climbing up there everyday. But his biceps do crazy things to me. What's so crazy is that he doesn't have a single hair on his chest...how odd that I find him appealing. Maybe something is wrong with me. I am losing my appetite for the teddy bear look? Is this a hormone thing?!??!

Now we come to my ultimate crush. Oded. Yeah, you read it right. ODED. That's his name. I first came to notice him on 'The Mummy'. He blew me away. I love his lustrious locks of dark hair. His smoldering dark eyes. He has a bad boy smile that could melt steel. He is super- duper- sexy!
********************************************************************************


So....you may be wondering why I am rambling about all the men that I have held crushes on over the years. It is due to my sister, Dana, and her blog about her latest crush. It made me smile. I am not the only one who can see a man and appreciate the beauty the Lord created for me to enjoy. I realize that I am a middle aged, happily married woman of 19 years...but I can fall back into my younger years and feel my heart go pitty-pat when I see one of these gentlemen on the big screen or on the pages of a magazine.


My husband couldn't help but notice the pictures I was collecting for the blog. He smiled and said that almost every 'crush' resembles Jesus! He made the connection that I have a thing for men
with long hair.....hence, just like Jesus. Could he be right? Is there a connection????



3 comments:

Dana @ SweetThings said...

LOL!! Tony nailed it Chris!! He is so right. You have always loved men with long hair.

I got a kick out of all these guys you talked about. I miss those days of dreaming and wishing. Little did we know at the time, that half these men had been hooked on drugs and had other bad habits. All we knew, is they could do no wrong in our eyes. We will forever appreciate their beauty. Miss you, sister. :))

**Thanks, for making me laugh.

Charlotte said...

Holy Moly! Be still my beating heart!!! :) I remember most of these guys. Some I wasn't into as much as you, but others, Oh yeah! :) I'm not into the long hair anymore, but I do dig the hairy chest. Just make sure it's the chest that's hairy and not the back!!! haha

Miss and love you!

Admin said...

Two words: HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh O'meesh!!! This cracked me up, grossed me out, and made me remember my childhood all at once. How exactly did you do that?

I love you, Chris - Even though you love hairy ape-like men! ;O