Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

                                                                


Well, the wedding day finally arrived.  I was up at 4:00 (AM mind you) to watch it all.  I have geared up for today by watching the Biography channel over the last few days and gaining as much information as I can gather about Wills, Harry and, of course, Kate.  I have enjoyed it all. 

I withstood the snide remarks and joking all day not only from my two boys, whom I will try to love despite their obvious bad taste, but from fellow co-workers as well.  Why is everyone so anti regarding the wedding?  I realize that it's just pomp and circumstance.  I understand that the royals hold no real power in any decisions the English government might make.  But it isn't about any of that.  The wedding is taking the caricature cartoon characters from a favorite cartoon and placing them into modern day real life.  That is the fascination for me.

I loved the royal uniform the men wore.  I loved the modesty of Kate's dress.  I imagined Wills and Kate gliding around a beautifully lit ballroom with eyes only for each other.  I could easily hear the music building into a sound verbrato when he leans in to kiss his bride.  Oh....my poor romantic heart. 

I will live the dream for today.  Tomorrow I will grow wise and put this behind me and face the fact that the dream is far removed from reality.  But in my heart...I wish William and Kate the happiness and love that will last a lifetime. 
                                            

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I didn't wake up early this morning, but I have been watching reruns all day. I'm mesmerized for some reason, and I'm not even mushy. :)

Btw, I love the new blog look!

I love you!