Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Strong women...

This is a copy of a poster available to purchase showcasing heroes.
The women in this picture depicts the women who crossed the wilderness who left all the creature comforts of their homes because they listened to the Lord and obeyed his directions.  These women waded " though much affliction in the wildreness; and ...did bear children in the wilderness.
And so great were the blessings of the Lord...that while (they) did live upon raw meat in the wilderness,... (they) did give suck for their children and were strong, yea, even like unto the men; and they began to bear their jouneyings without murmurings."
I loved this picture and can now visually see the scriptures quoting their trials.
In 1Nephi 17:3 it states: "...and if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them..."

I take comfort in their strength and the faith  they had to see through their trials experienced along their journey.  I hope and pray that as I go through my trials that I can remember to rely on the Lord and have faith in him...that he will allow my weaknesses to make me strong.
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they might be humbe; and my grace is sufficient for all men ( and women) that humble themselves before me. ; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become srong unto them." Ether 12:27

1 comment:

Dana @ SweetThings said...

I too love this picture!! Thanks for sharing it. I know that you are a strong women of faith and strength. You will make it through your trials and come out stronger than you were before. I love you!!