Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Movie List:

This is a list of my favorite Christmas movies (in order)
1. The Bishops Wife. Aaaaahhhhhh, there is just something about Cary Grant that melts my bones. He is the epitomy of Romance.




2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. As a kid, you always knew it was Christmas when Rudolph came on the TV. Some of the biggest arguments I remember as a kid was when this show would come on a Sunday night when we still had Sacrament meeting at night in the Stake Center. We had to watch this movie. It was a do or die situation!


3. Santa Clause is coming to town. It's sad...but I sing along with the characters to this day. I actually made Tony watch it with me the other day. He smiled at me like I was a lunatic!




4. Miracle on 34th Street. They have remade this movie several times, however, my favorite is still with Natalie Wood. It was magnificent.

5. Christmas in Connecticut. This is a little known classic. I love it. I want to live in the house shown in this movie. It would be my dream house!


6. Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! Classic. Need I say more??!?!?

7. It's a wonderful life. I sometimes feel like the Jimmy Stewart character. It seems that no matter what he does in his life...he can never get ahead. It's only later revealed how much his influence has been felt and how far reaching his efforts have been. Great, great show.

8. A Christmas Carol. Not just any Christmas carol, but the 1940's version with good ol' Alistair. He makes a delightful Scrooge. It's Tony's all time favorite.
9. The nutcracker prince. It's a cartoon that dates back to when Zach was a wee bairn. It is a wonderful story and the music is sublime. I still watch it after all of these years!
10. Annabells Wish. This is another cartoon but it is well worth watching. I love it and have always loved it since the first time I watched it. The ending song is so good. I would love to have a copy of it.

Every Christmas I watch the same ol' feel good movies. Mostly for Sentimental reasons, but also for the feelings they bring about inside of me. Some I have watched for years since I was a little girl and others I have watched since having children. It used to be that Cartoons were the predominant mainstay in our home. Now I can't seem to bring my son into the room to view a movie with us! Times have changed and so have we...but thank goodness we can always take a walk to a happier more peaceful time by placing a movie in the player....

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great movie lists. :) I love most of them on the list. I will admit that my kids really like Elf. I'm not a huge Will Ferrell fan, but I do enjoy Elf. :)

Admin said...

Nutcracker prince? Annabelle's wish? REALLY???

I've never heard of lots on your list! But that won't stop me from mocking your selections!

What about National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Fred Claus?

LOL! I love you, C. I like the list idea ...