Thursday, July 11, 2013






As of late,I have been giving a lot of thought to being a child of God. The plan of Salvation depends on our remembering of who we are.  There are so many voices in the world trying to tell us who we are ( or in some cases - who we aren't) .  We feel a constant need to 'find ourselves'.  We watch and envy others. We say to ourselves...' I wish I had her figure.  I wish my children were as wonderful as theirs.  I want a nice home of my own.  I wish I was as talented as such and such. '   When do we ever sit down and think about who we really are? 

We are taught we children of God. But do we have a personal knowledge of it for ourselves? Each one of us have been given talents and strengths to accomplish our missions here on Earth. We must not compare our talents or strengths with someone else's.  Your talents don't diminish mine.  Your talents aren't necessarily better than mine.  They are just different.  Our strengths and talents were personally given to us by a loving Father in Heaven.  He knew what we would need to complete our journey on this Earth.  Everyone will have a different journey and we will need them in order to overcome the obstacles that will be placed  before us.

I think the largest part of our trial on Earth is the remembering.  Remembering who we are.  Remembering our previous home and our very personal relationship with our Savior and our Father in Heaven. 

We have the power to overcome. We have been given the tools to use to help us find our way home.  We must learn for ourselves how to use them. We are stronger than we realize.  We are loved far more than we can comprehend. 

No comments: