Not so cute and cuddly, right?????Possums. Cute, furry little critters, right? I always thought so. They are supposedly dangerous due to the possible bacteria they have floating around and inside them. They are also reportedly
timid little critters that play dead at the first sign of attack. WRONG!!!! I am here to tell you that these little fellers are VISCIOUS!!!!! We have had a BIG ol' possum running around our backyard for the last couple of weeks. My Bailey girl is losing her ever loving mind. Late into the night, she will hear it rattling around in the bushes and on the fence and start pacing the bed. She has even sat on our heads and licked us repeatedly attempting to wake us up and let her have a go at the vile creature. Oh...but we are on to her little tricks. We don't let her anywhere near that heinous thing. Today we learned that our little precious baby is on to us...she completely faked us out this morning at 4:30 AM (Yes, I did say AM) She acted as if she needed to potty. However, she took off running full speed attempting to obliterate the possum.
Her calm, cool, collected Momma lost her mind. I was shouting and screaming for anyone within a two mile radius to come and help her collect her precious baby before that big ol evil creature could put one scratch on her sweet girl. Needless to say...after waking the neighborhood, Bailey girl was saved...but I still have the wretched Possum living in the backyard. Of course this means war. We will see who wins this little battle!

3 comments:
Are you gonna set up opossum traps? I bet rabbit traps would work. I'm sure Tony and Z would love to go to work on making a device to torture ... ummm, I mean, catch the wonderful wild beast. I want pictures!
Sounds familiar with the wildlife in the back yard. I hear animals all night long. Good luck with the war. You've never lost a battle and I'm sure this won't be the first! :)
Still black, dearest sister. :)
Post a Comment